Makes about 4-6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds thin asparagus, heavy stalks trimmed
- 1 pound organic, free range chicken, cooked, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded, and chopped into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place 1″ of filtered water in a large skillet and add salt. Once warm, add the asparagus in a thin layer and cover. You may need to work in batches. Allow to cook through where there’s still a bite, but don’t allow it to turn mushy. This might take about 5 minutes, but it will depend on the thickness of your asparagus. Drain water when finished and chop asparagus into 1″ pieces.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by combining shallots, dill, Dijon mustard, and lemon in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chopped chicken in the bowl and stir. Then add the asparagus and combine. Gently fold in the avocado and serve.