Ready to swap your Prilosec, Nexium, etc. for some foods that will become your best friends? These are the foods that will turn your acidic inside into a beautiful alkaline environment for your body to thrive on.
There are lots of charts and lists on the internet of Acid vs. Alkaline foods. There is some discrepancy from one to the next but there are some foods that appear as top Alkaline Foods on all of these lists. The seven foods that follow will be a great start to healing that inferno in your gut:
- Wheatgrass! No – you don’t have to get crazy doing “shots at the juice bar”. You can add wheat grass powder – Amazing Grass – to your smoothies and you’ll never feel like you are eating your freshly mowed lawn. Did you know wheatgrass has more Vitamin C than carrots and more Vitamin A than carrots! There’s much more in the way of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients.
- Organic Leafy Greens – Spinach, Kale, Watercress, Swiss Chard and more
- Watercress actually tops the list of the 41 most powerful foods you can eat. I always think of ladies with white gloves eating watercress sandwiches. They had the right idea.
- Leafy greens are known to protect against certain cancers, lower cholesterol, blood pressure, boost immune system, stabilize blood sugars and…. Ta da… slow the aging process. Are you in?
- In addition to many of the vitamins and minerals of the greens previously mentioned, cukes are 95% water so they keep you hydrated on hot summer days like these. They also help manage stress due to the supply of B vitamins contained in them.
- Avocados!!! (one of my favorite foods….)
- Yes they are rich in vitamins K, C, B5 and 6 as well as minerals. Did you know they contain more potassium than bananas (without all the sugar!) This is also the only fat on this particular list of “alkaliners”. You now know (of course) that fat doesn’t make you fat. Matter of fact, this healthy fat will actually help you lose weight and help heal your gut. That’s a virtual bargain.
- Broccoli – never leave home without it!
- Great for your digestion due to its high fiber content; fights allergies, inflammation, blood sugar spikes and crashes and also fights aging. You gotta’ love this beautiful crucifer.
- Full of fiber and water plus loads of vitamins and minerals; improves liver function; fights infection; reduces water-weight bloating and serves as the perfect vehicle for some almond butter and raisins for a delicious snack.
- Sprouts – Tiny greens – big punch!
- They are 30X ore nutrient dense than their vegetable counterparts. WOW! Nothing more tosay after that.
- If your diet is lacking in these 7 Alkaline Superstars here is a quick easy delicious way to “alkalinize”.
Very Alkaline Green Smoothie
3/4 cup raw coconut water (Harvest Bay is the lowest in sugar) or filtered water
1/2 teaspoon probiotic powder (available here)
2 cups firmly packed organic baby spinach
1 cup raw coconut meat (Trader Joe’s has frozen chunks!)
1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
1/2 English cucumber, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest (optional)
2 medium limes, peeled and halved
A little raw honey to sweeten or Monkfruit (https://thrivemarket.com/lakanto-classic-monkfruit-sweetener?utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&ccode=FIRST3&ccode_force=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIitXXkuzr1QIVV57ACh0byw9oEAQYASABEgKnFPD_BwE)
1/4 cup (25g) frozen raw broccoli florets
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon wheatgrass powder
Throw everything into your blender (including any boosters) and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
It doesn’t get much easier than that – EXCEPT FOR A DELICIOUS PURIUM POWER SHAKE. Available through our website – find it here – https://mypurium.com/backtobasicwellness/product/2202
It’s plant based, organic, made of superfoods, non GMO, Kosher and absolutely delicious! Just mix it with some water, almond or coconut milk, shake and enjoy! Alkaline and Awesome and the easiest way possible to nourish your body and put out the flames.